|1926||- Born in Ocotlán, Jalisco, his parents were José Enríquez Sánchez and Matilde Salazar Gama. He began his musical studies at an early age with his father. Both his father and grandfather were violinists. Of his five brothers and sisters, two of them were also musicians.|
|1932||- The family moves to the City of Guadalajara.|
and secondary studies in the Colegio Niños Héroes de Chapultepec,
violin with Ignacio Camarena in Guadalajara. Enrolls in the Universidad
Autónoma de Guadalajara where he later graduates in Accounting.
|1941 - 54||- Plays
for the Orquesta Sinfónica de Guadalajara.
for violín and piano, premièred in Guadalajara with Hermilio
Hernández and himself.
|1950||- Dos Canciones
for voice and piano.
|1951||- He became
Concertino of the Orquesta Sinfónica de Guadalajara.
incidental for string orchestra.
|1952 - 55||- Studies
with Miguel Bernal Jiménez in Morelia, Mich., fundaments of traditional
music and analysis.
I for violin and orchestra.
the Premio Jalisco (The Jalisco Award).
- Premières his Concierto I for violin with the Orquesta Sinfónica de Guadalajara with himself as soloist.
- The United States of America awards him a scholarship to study in the Juilliard School of Music of New York. Principle teachers: Ivan Galamian (violin), Louise Persinger and William Primrose (chamber music) Peter Mening (composition). Private classes with Stefan Wolpe (Disciple of Anton Webern).
|1956||- He receives
the Master of Science Degree in Music with major study in Violin and Chamber
Music from the Juilliard School of Music.
- Suite for strings orchestra.
the Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional and tours, Europe, the United States
-The government of the state of Jalisco confers him the "José Clemente Orozco" medal.
|1959||. - Cuarteto I premiered by "Cuarteto Arias".|
th group "Nueva Música de México".
"Cuarteto México" with Luz Vernova (violin), Gilberto García
(viola) and Sally Van den Berg (violoncello).
- Cuatro Piezas for viola and piano.
- Divertimento for flute,clarinete and fagot.
- SinfoníaII for orchestra.
- Sonatina for violoncello.
Lírica for orchestra.
- Pentamúsica for wind quintet.
- Receives Premio de la Unión de Crónistas de Teatro y Música. (The Union of Theater and Music Chroniclers Award.
his professorship in violin, chamber music, analysis and composition in
the Escuela Superior de Música, in the Conservatorio Nacional de
Música and the Escuela Nacional de Música de la Universidad
Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM).
- Reflexiones for violin .
- Sonata for violin and piano.
- Tres formas concertantes for chamber ensemble.
- Tres invenciones for flute and viola.
|1965||- He became
Concertino for the Chamber Orchestra of the Patronato de la Orquesta Sinfónica
- The Beethovenhalle Orchester of Bonn commissioned him to write a piece for orchestra.
- A lápiz for piano.
- Módulos for two pianos.
- Transición for orchestra.
- Composes music for the films Amelia and Tajimara.
II for violin and orchestra.
- Ego for voice, flute, violoncello, piano and percussion.
- Composes music for the film "El Cuarto Chino" (The Chinese Room).
- Poema for vc and orchestra.
for violin and violoncello.
- Cuarteto II for string quartet.
- Enlaces for piano.
- Composes for the films: Mariana, Trabajar cansa and Una señora estupenda (Marianna, Work wears you out and A Great Lady).
- Première of Trayectorias for orchestra, commissioned by the Beethovenhalle Orchester of Bonn.
para 8 for chamber ensemble.
- Móvil I for piano.
- Si libet for orchestra.
Italy, Yugoslavia, Belgium, Germany, England and France giving recitals
and lectures on new and Mexican music.
- Première of Concierto para 8 .Commissioned by the group Musika Nova of Mainz.
- Ixamatl for orchestra, commissioned by Sudwestfunk for the Donaueschingen Festival.
- Móvil II for violin solo or with tape.
- Founds, along with others musicians la Sociedad Mexicana de Música Contemporánea.
- Díptico I for flute and piano.
by the goverments of the Federal Republic of Germany and Poland as an observer
in their music festivals.
- Participates in the Warsaw Autumn Festival.
- Attends the International Courses of New Music in Darmstadt, Germany.
- 3 x Bach for violin and tape.
- Concierto for piano and orchestra.
- Mixteria for an actress, four musicians and electronic sounds.
- Para Alicia for piano.
the Guggenheim Foundation Fellowship.
- Première Díptico II for violin and piano at the International Music Festival, Washington, D.C.
- Él y ellos for chamber ensemble.
- La reunión de los saurios for electronic sounds.
- Monólogo for trombone.
- Viols for a string instrument and tape.
- Composes music for the film "Tu, yo, nosotros" (You, me and us).
- Moves to New York City to work at the electronic music workshop in the Columbia Princeton University of N.Y.
Director of the Conservatorio Nacional de Música in México.
- Coordinator and collaborator in the activities of Gyorgy Ligeti and Vinko Globokar in Mexico.
- Member of the Technical Counsel of the Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional.
- Awarded by the President of Mexico Luis Echeverría Alvarez the "Elías Sourasky Award".
- Awarded the "Diosa de Plata" by PECIME for best musical score for film of 1972 for the film "Muñeca reina" directed by Sergio Olhovich.
- á 2 for violín and piano.
- Encuentros for orchestra, commissioned by Radio- Television Française.
- Laser I for electronic sounds.
of the Mexican Delegation to the World Congress of the Society of Authors
and Composers, Warsaw, Poland.
- Première of á 2 in Tokyo.
- Participates in the Autumn Warsaw Festival in Poland with his Concierto for piano and orchestra.
- Member of the Technical Counsel of Ballet Clásico de México.
- Tours France, Poland, Germany, Sweden, and the
- Soviet Union with the Cuarteto México.
- Premiére in Radio-Television Française of
- él y ellos.
- Receives "La Lira de Oro" award from the Sindicato Unico de Trabajadores de la Música del D. F.
- Con ánima for piano.
- Imaginario for Organo.
- Ritual for orchestra.
of the First Seminar on Electronic Music of the Universidad Nacional Autónoma
de México (UNAM).
- Executive coordinator of the Festival de Música Mexicana of the UNAM in the Polyforum Cultural Siqueiros.
- Invitation by the Soviet Union to attend the Tchaikowsky Competition.
- Tour with the Cuarteto Mexico to the Democratic Republic of Germany, Czechoslovakia, the Soviet Union and the United States of America.
- Cuarteto Mexico premiéres Cuarteto III in the Interamerican Festival in Washington, D. C., commisioned by Mr. Galo Plaza Secretary General of the Organization of American States.
- Trío premièred by the Western Arts Trio of Wyoming.
- Named Head of the Music Department of the Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes.
- Tours Venezuela and Ecuador with the Cuarteto Mexico.
- Forms part of the jury for the "Manuel M. Ponce" Instrumental Performance Contest of the UNAM.
- Member of the jury for the "Silvestre Revueltas" Composition Contest UNAM.
- Recording of Mexican music with the Cuarteto México.
- Records a Mexican music record for the series Voz Viva de México with Jorge Velazco.
- 1 x 4 for piano.
- Música para Federico Silva, electronic music, multimedia.
- Trauma, for actress, 4 musicians and electronic sounds.
the United States of America with Cuarteto México.
- Once Upon a Time for clavichord, premièred in Washington, D. C.
- Invited by the INCIBA of Venezuela to be the representative of the Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes de México (National Fine Arts Institute).
- Member of the Mexican Delegation to the International Assembly of the Authors and Composers Society in Paris.
- Invited to work in the CIRM of Paris (Centre Internationale de la Recherche Musicale).
- Writes the music for the mexican film "La bestia acorralada".
the lecture "Nueva música mexicana" in Prague.
- Records for "WestDeutscher Rundfunk" (Cologne), Radio-Televisión Española and the Austrian Radio.
- Attends the Spring Festival in Prague and the Autumn Warsaw Festival; invited by their governments.
- Participates in the Interamerican Music Festival in Washington , D.C. with él y ellos.
- Gives recitals in Vienna, Paris, Bonn, Versailles.
- Lectures in the Austrian Society of Contemporary music.
- Premières in Paris Tierra Quebrada by Beatriz Ferreyra, dedicated to him.
- Receives the commission from the Ministery of Culture of France to compose Tlachtli for seven instruments.
- Movil I is played in Paris by pianist Jean Pierre Dupuy.
- Tzicuri for vc.cl.tr.p.
- Conjuro for bass and tape.
- Contravox for choire 2 percs. and tape.
- Del viaje inmóvil multimedia.
- La casa del sol multimedia .
a series of recordings for Polish Radio Television in Warsaw of Mexican
and Polish music.
- Recitals of Mexican music in Warsaw sponsored by the Union of Polish Composers.
- Díptico I played to celebrate the anniversary of the Cracow MW2 Ensemble.
- Invited as observer to the Congress of the International Society of Contemporary Music in Bonn, Germany.
- Participates in the Electroacoustic Music Festival in Bourges, France.
- Elected as a member of the Commitee of the International Center of Electroacoustic Music.
- "Canal 13" television (México) dedicates an entire program to him in their series "Homenaje".
- Invited to the Autum Warsaw Festival to première Tzicuri, commissioned for that occasion.
- Recital in Washington D.C. dedicated to new mexican music, invited by the Organization of American States.
- Invitation to the First Festival of Latinamerican Contemporary Music in Maracaibo, première of Raíces for orchestra (commissioned by this festival).
- Première of the electronic music of the ballet Mobile in the Teatre du Champs Elysees in Paris choreographed by Sara Pardo.
- Named Director of the CENIDIM (National Center of Research, Documentation and Musical Information).
- Elected President of the Asociación Mexicana de Música Nueva.
- Canto de los Volcanes electronic music.
- Corriente Alterna for orchestra.
- Raíces for orchestra.
of Fases by the Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional commissioned by the Dirección
General del Derecho de Autor.
- Paticipates in the Festival of the International Society of Contemporary Music in Helsinki.
- Organizes in CENIDIM concerts dedicated to the works of Mexican composers.
- Organizes a series of concerts of Mexican music in colaboration with the Society of Authors and Composers of Music (S.A.C.M.) in the Teatro del Ballet Folklórico de México.
- Organizes in CENIDIM a series of lectures dedicated to the memory of Carlos Chávez.
- Première of Concierto Barroco with Hermilo Novelo and the Orquesta de Cámara de Bellas Artes.
- Invited to be part of the Comisión Pedagógica Musical of INBA ).
- Founds with other artists, the multidisciplinary group "El carro de Osiris".
- Founds Cuarteto NOVART.
- Composes the music for the film "Oficio de Tinieblas" directed by Archibaldo Burns.
to Cuba to participate in the Third Festival of Socialist Contemporary Music.
- Organizes el Primer Foro Internacional de Música Nueva (First International Forum of New Music) and the Primer Festival de Música y Danza Autóctona (First Festival of Autochthonous Music and Dance in CENIDIM.
- Premières Concertino for violin and orchestra by Blas Galindo with the Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional.
- Invited by the University of Bahia, Brazil to integrate the jury of their Annual Composition Competition and gives a seminar in composition in Salvador, Bahia.
- The O.A.S. and the Mexican Minister of Education (S.E.P.) named him Executive Director of the Fifth Interamerican Conference in Musical Education.
- Organizes the Curso Nacional de Música sponsored by the Sub-secretary of Education and Scientific Research for Teachers in Univerisities in the Provinces.
- Premières Canto Oculto by Julio Estrada, Capricho (violin solo) by Rodolfo Halffter, Gamas (violin solo) by José Angel Pérez.
- Unanimously voted title member of the Seminario de Cultura Mexicana.
- Organizes the season of "Conciertos de Música Contemporánea" in the U.N.A.M.
- Participates in the Primer festival de Música Contemporánea in Guadalajara, Jalisco.
- Jury member for Concurso para Violín sponsored by Juventudes Musicales de México.
- Tours Czechoslovakia, Austria, Hungry, Holand, Belgium, France and Poland where he plays Concierto II for violin and Orchestra at the Warsaw Autumn Festival.
- Named Director of Musical Workshop for the Mexican Institute of Culture, San Antonio , Texas.
- Recital in Madrid; Mexican and Spanish music.
|1980||- He is
distinguished by receiving the "Orden al Mérito Cultural"
medal from the Ministery of Culture of the Republic of Poland for his promotion
to the art and polish culture.
- Organizes the II Foro Internacional de Música Nueva and the Second Festival de Música y Danza Autóctonas in CENIDIM.
- Premiéres String 1980 by Ann McMillan dedicated to him.
- Commissioned to compose Sonatina for orchestra by the Academia de Música del Palacio de Minería.
- Amalia Hernández and the Ballet Folklórico de México commission him to compose music for a ballet based on the rupestrian paintings in Baja California (Misa Prehistórica)
- Canal 11, television creates a documentary on his works.
- Invited by Encuentros Latinoamericanos de Música Contemporánea for the First Workshop of Composers in America, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Seminary for composition students at the Conservatorio Nacional de Lima Perú.
- Hermilo Novelo, Luis Herrera de la Fuente and the Orquesta Sinfónica de Xalapa record Concierto II for violin and piano.
- Musicologist Leonora Saavedra writes her graduate thesis on his musical works in La Sorbonne, Paris.
the III Foro Internacional de Música Nueva and the III Festival Nacional
de Música y Danza Autóctonas.
- The Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional, conducted by Sergio Cárdenas, records Suite para cuerdas.
- Invited to attend the première of Tlachtli in the series Monday Evening Concerts, Los Angeles, California.
- Lectures in the School of Music of the University of California, San Diego.
- Coordinates events of new and colonial Mexican music for the IX Festival Internacional Cervantino in Guanajuato, Guanajuato.
- Participates in the Primer Festival de Música Electrónica in Varadero, Cuba.
- Sonatina is played by the Simphonich Orchestra of the University of Stanford, conducted by Jeannine Wagar.
- Seminar on technical materials in the Escuela Superior de Música y Danza de Monterrey.
- Invited by Poland to attend the Warsaw Autumn Festival and Hungary to give lectures on Mexican music.
- Organizes the First International Competition for Interpreters of Mexican music in CENIDIM.
- Recital in New York City in the North South Consonance series.
- Participates in lectures in Oaxaca, Morelia and Tijuana organized by IEPES and INBA.
- Hoy de ayer, piano piece.
- Interminado sueño for actress, 4 percs. players and wind orchestra.
the IV Foro Internacional de Música Nueva and the IV Festival de
Música y Danza Autóctonas.
- The Metropolitan Autonomous University (UAM) commissions En prosa for the group Da Capo (Mariaelena Arizpe, Alvaro Bitrán, Leonora Saavedra and Lilia Vázquez).
- Invited by Deutsch Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) for guest residence in West Berlin as distinguished artist.
- Recital in the DAAD Gallery , West Berlin.
- Participates in the International Society of Music Education Congress in Bristol, England and in its national section in Madrid, Spain.
- Unanimously elected member of the Academia de Artes de México.
- Ritual recorded by the Orquesta Filarmónica de la Ciudad de México.
- The Berliner Festspiele commissions Cuarteto IV to be premièred by the Kreutzberg Quartet in the Berliner Festspiele of 1983.
- Participates as sole representative of music in the IV Reunión Nacional del INBA in Oaxaca.
- The O.A.S. awards him with Diploma de Honor, its highest honnor for promotion of music in the American continent.
- The Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional conducted by Sergio Cárdenas premières Interminado Sueño.
- Invited to give recitals and lectures by the Dirección de Música de Cuba.
- Oboemia for oboe.
- En prosa for flute, oboe, vc. and piano
- Symphonic orchestrations of traditional Mexican music to be recorded by Orquesta Filarmónica de la Ciudad de México (Mexico City Philarmonic Orchestra) conducted by Fernando Lozano.
lectures, and courses in the Conservatory of Music and the University of
- Lecture and performance of En Prosa in Toronto, Canada.
- Course in Oaxaca during the Festival de Primavera of the Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional.
- Recital , Center for Interamerican Relations, New York, City.
- Première in Oaxaca of Cantata a Juárez by Sergio Cárdenas and the Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional, commissioned by the State of Oaxaca.
- Organizes the V Foro Internacional de Música Nueva and the V Festival de Música y Danza Autóctonas in CENIDIM.
- Participate as Director in the First Encounter of Mexican-Cuban Electroacoustic Music, Habana, Cuba.
- Invited by the VI Conferencia Interamericana de Educación Musical, Caracas, Venezuela, chairs. as Vice-president.
- Participates in Caracas in the V Asamblea General Extraordinaria del Consejo Interamericano de Música (CIDEM) and he is elected as executive member of the council .
- Première of Corriente alterna by the Orquesta Sinfónica del estado de México, conducted by Virgilio Valle.
- Première Poemario for two guitars commissioned by the Academia de Artes de México
- Organizes the series "En torno a los sonidos electrónicos" in CENIDIM.
- Recitals, lectures and encounters in Spain, Poland, Federal German Republic, Republic of Democratic Germany and U.S.A. (New York, City).
- Invited by Berliner Festspiele to the première of Cuarteto IV.
- Invited by Venezuela to paticipate in the Primer Encuentro Latinoamericano de Compositores, Musicólogos y Críticos musicales.
- Elected member of the Executive Commitee for the International Council of Music (ICM-UNESCO) celebrated in Stockholm Sweden.
- President Miguel de la Madrid, presents him the Premio Nacional de Artes.
- Elected member of the Directive Commitee for the Sociedad de Autores y Compositores de Música (SACM) (Society for Authors and Composers of Music).
- Políptico - for six percussion players.
to lecture in the Courses for Teachers of the Centros Culturales del ISSSTE
en Oaxtepec, Mor.
- Receives homage from the City Hall of the Federal District through the Dirección de Acción Cultural in Ollin Yoliztli Complex
- Participates in his post of member of the Executive Commitee of the Consejo Internacional de Música in the meeting of CIDEM in Cannes , France.
- Receives homage in Guadalajara, due to his Premio Nacional from the government of the State of Jalisco through the Departamento de Bellas Artes.
- Organizes the VI Foro Internacional de Música Nueva and the II Encuentro Mexicano-Cubano de Música Eectroacústica in CENIDIM.
- Participates in the annual festival of the Institute for Chicano Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Gives a series of three lectures to teachers of the Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social (IMSS) in the Teatro Hidalgo dedicated to new tendencies in music.
- Participates as a lecturer in the series "Los Revueltas",organized by UAM.
- Invited by the O.A.S., as a member of the direction of CIDEM to the reglamentary meeting and the Cassals Festival in San Juan , Puerto Rico.
- Realices the première in Mexico of Chamber Concert by Alban Berg for violin, piano and three wind instruments.
- Invited as performer and composer to the Festival of Contemporary Music of the University of Boulder, Colorado.
- Interecos for 1 perc. player and electronic sounds.
- Manantial de soles, soprano, actor and wind orchestra.
- Palindroma harp.
Director of Music of the Instituto Nacional de Bellas artes (INBA).
- Invited to participate in the Colloquio "Composer- Performer -Audience" organized by the University of California San Diego, through the Center of Experimental Music.
- Organizes the Primer Ciclo para Jóvenes Solistas.
- Performs in the Palacio de Minería a series of six concerts dedicated to Mexican music for violin,sponsored by UNAM.
- Tours Germany, Italy and Spain giving concerts and lectures on Mexican music.
- Organizes a series of nine concerts, Jornadas de Música Antigüa, through the Dirección de Música of INBA.
- Organizes a concert series, "En Torno a los Sonidos Eléctronicos", related to electronic music.
- Cuarteto Latinoamericano,records his four Cuarteto works for a series of records Siglo XX produced by CENIDIM.
- Organizes the VII Foro Internacional de Música Nueva through the Dirección de Música del INBA.
- He is elected for his personal prestige as a member of the Directive Meeting of the Consejo Internacional de la Música (CIDEM) in the meeting celebrated in Viña del Mar, Chile.
- The School of Music of the Universidad de Tamaulipas inaugurated a Theater bearing his name dedicated to musical activities.
- UNAM dedicates a concert made up entirely of his works.
- Concierto para cello, for vc and orchestra.
through the International Council for Music-UNESCO to attend the symposium
"Music for Children" and "Music for Peace" at Bagdad,
- Oboemia and Móvil I are played in two festivals of contemporary music in Poland.
- Participates as composer in TRIMALCA organized by the Council for Music-UNESCO in Rio de Janeiro, with Concierto Barroco.
- Organizes the VIII Foro Internacional de Música Nueva, through the Dirección de Musica - INBA.
- Elected member of the Academy of Arts of the Democratic Republic of Germany.
- The UAM organizes a series of concerts of his music celebrating his 60th birthday.
- Invited as jury member for the" Hermilo Novelo" Competition with participants from the Conservatorio Nacional de Música and Escuela Superior de Música.
- Elected President of the Editora Música de Concierto de México, S.C., a dependency of the Sociedad de Autores y Compositores de Música SACM.
- Invited to conduct the Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional de El Salvador, as well as give a recital and a lecture dedicated to Mexican music.
- Invited by the Instituto de Seguridad y Servicios Sociales para los Trabajadores del estado (ISSSTE) to perform a series of concerts with pianist Edison Quintana.
- Première of Concierto para violoncello and orchestra by Carlos Prieto and the Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional conducted by Francisco Savín.
- Member of the Jury for the Premio Nacional de Ciencias y Artes (National Award for Science and Art)
- Radio Berlin of the Democratic Republic of Germany broadcasts a program dealing with his professional life and works.
- Invitation to perform chamber works and Concierto 2 for violin and orchestra with the Orquesta Sinfónica Nacional de Cuba in the Festival de Música Contemporánea, Habana, Cuba.
- Première Vivencias Líricas commissioned by ISSSTE and performed by Ensamble de Alientos (Wind Ensemble) del ISSSTE conducted by Fernando Lozano.
- Spinetta con spirito for clavicembalo.
is included in a concert program of North-South Consonance, New York, City.
- Invited by the Secretary of Public Education to the inauguration of the exhibition "Diego Rivera retrospectiva", Madrid Spain.
- Organizes IX Foro Internacional de Música Nueva.
- Recitals, Lectures, composer encounters in Madrid, Sevilla, Granada and Alcoy, Spain.
- En prosa is programmed in two festivals in Poland: Warsaw and Szeslawa.
- Première Díptico III for String orchestra and percussion soloist, Orquesta de Cámara de Bellas Artes.
- Participation in the Assembly of the International Council for Music-UNESCO in Brasilia.
- Recitals in Asturias, Spain.
- Jury member for the Premio Nacional de Ciencias y Artes (National Award for Science and Art).
- Rapsodia latinoamericana for orchestra.
Cuarteto V "Xopan Cuicatl" through an invitation from University
of Pittsburgh, U.S.A.
- Member of the Artistic Council of the Orquesta Filarmónica de Jalisco.
- Participates in the "Festejos de Mayo" Los Angeles, California. Concierto I is programmed.
- Organizes X Foro Internacional de Música Nueva.
- Jury member of the Composition Competition of the Orquesta Sinfónica del Estado de México.
- Recitals, lectures, masterclasses in Carleton College, Northfield, Minnesota.
- Recitals and lectures in the Conservatorio de San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- The Centro para la Difusión de la Música Contemporánea (The Center for the Diffusion of Contemporary Music) at Madrid organizes a chamber music program of his works with Spanish musicians.
- Manantial de soles v II for mezz, p., 6 percus. players.
- Recordando a Juan de Lienas for string orchestra.
- Tlapizalli for clarinete
- Tres instantáneas for guitar.
member of the Council for the Fondo Nacional para la Cultura y las Artes
del CONACULTA (National Endowment for the Arts)
- Premières and participates in the New Music concerts of Toronto with Quasi Libero for flute and string quartet.
- Organizes the XI Foro Internacional de Música Nueva.
- Lectures and recitals in Madrid and Barcelona.
- Organizes el Primer Festival Internacional de Música (The First International Festival of Music) in Morelia, Mich.
- Maxienia piano piece.
- Obertura sobre temas de Juventino Rosas, for orchestra.
in Residence and participation in the Chautauqua Festival in Boulder, Colorado.
- Jury member of the "Andrés Segovia" Competition in Almuñecar, Spain.
- Composition teacher for the Manuel de Falla Courses in Granada, Spain.
- Organizes the XII Foro Internacional de Música Nueva.
- Première of Un mundo mejor para los niños for orchestra and Tercia (Trío Neos).
- Organizes and coordinates the Primer Encuentro Latinoamericano de Música (First Encounter of Latinamerican Music).
- Organizes and coordinates the musical activities for the Mexican art show "México una Obra de Arte" held in New York City.
- Member of the Artistic Council of the Escuela de Perfeccionamiento "Vida y movimiento".
- Member of the Artistic Council of the Conservatorio de las Rosas, Morelia, Michoacán.
- Participates as lecturer and gives recital in the National Colloquium of the Seminario de Cultura Mexicana, Los Mochis, Sinaloa.
- Première of En prosa, versión II by LIM ensemble of Madrid.
- Participates in the Waterfield Music Festival in Vermont.
XIII Foro Internacional de Música Nueva.
- Teaches in the University of California (UCLA) as visiting professor during the third semester.
- Première Piedras del Viento in the III Festival Internacional de Música in Morelia.
- Named musical advisor of the Presidency of CONACULTA.
- Première Himno de los bosques (completion of a score by Miguel Bernal Jiménez).
- Organizes and coordinates the musical activities of "México una obra de Arte" in San Antonio, Texas and Los Angeles, California.
- Seminar on composition at the Center for Experimental Music in the University of California-San Diego (UCSD).
- Participates in a radio program in Los Angeles, California dedicated to Latinamerican composers.
- Interminado sueño, Díptico III, Manantial de soles, Recordando a Juan de Lienas and the Cantata á Juárez are recorded by Sergio Cárdenas conducting the Orquesta Filarmónica del Bajío in Guanajuato, Guanajuato.
- Participates in the XIV Forum of Latinamerican Music, Northfield, Minnesota.
- Fantasía concertante for vc. piano.
XIV Foro Internacional de Música Nueva.
- Jury member for the Composition Contest "Reina Sofía" in Madrid.
- Participates in the Primer Festival Latinoamericano de Música , Montevideo, Uruguay.
- 1 x 4 is recorded by the Dúo Renart-Velázquez.
- Première Concierto para 2 guitarras y orquesta for Dúo Limón-Márquez.
- Organizes musical activities for the Mexican Book Fair in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Elected Secretary of the Academy of Arts of Mexico.
- Participates in the music festivals (ENSEMS) in Valencia, Spain.
- Première Canto a un dios mineral in Palacio de Minería, Mexico City.
- Diálogos for solo violin, premièred in the Festival de Música Contemporánea de Alicante, Spain.
by the University of California (UCLA) as visiting professor to teach Contemporary
Music Analysis and Composition.
- Organizes the XV Foro Internacional de Música Nueva.
- Gives a seminar on contemporary music in the University of California - Berkley.
- Lectures in the University of Southern California (composition classes).
- Première of the cantata Visión de los vencidos, Querétaro City, Querétaro.
- Participates as performer and composer in the Music Faculty Concerts at UCLA.
- Trío for violin, cello and piano is recorded by , Trío México.
- Jury member in Bogotá for the International Composition Contest organized by the Ministerio de Cultura de Colombia.
- De acuerdo for fg . and piano
the XVI Foro Internacional de Música Nueva.
- Organizes the series of concerts "Oídos del siglo XX" as artistic director, in coordination with Conductor Luis Herrera de la Fuente and Filarmónica de la Ciudad de México.
- Participates as composer and lecturer in "Música de las Américas" festival , New York city.
- Zenzontle for flute and string orchestra remains unfinished.
- Dies in Mexico City on April 26.